So this make-up is perfect for those of you that like a minimal make-up and it was inspired by an old product I used to love when I was much younger that I recently rediscovered. If you feel like it this look looks best after using a gradual tanner as it gives you that glow all over.
So, when I was about 16 years old my mum bought me an Olay moisturizer with a touch of self tan and at the time I had blonde highlighted hair and used to have a thing for self tan. I was recently looking back through old pictures of myself and thought to myself how much better my skin looked in some pictures and I remembered that particular moisturizer. It appears to have changed its name now to Essentials Complete Care Everyday Sunshine Moisturizing Cream and so I decided to re-purchase. I also recently bough the Pro-Longwear Concealer from Mac in the color NW20 and so have built a make up routine around these two products which I think is a natural look similar to Lauren Conrad.
1. Moisturize with Olay Essentials Complete Care Everyday Sunshine Moisturizing Cream in Light or Dark depending on the color your prefer.
2. Apply one pump of Pro-Longwear Concealer from MAC on your hand and apply to the areas needed, such as under the eyes, around the nose and on blemishes.
3. Apply a pink blusher to the cheeks such as L’Oréal Paris True Match Blush in Sandalwood Rose.
4. Dust bronzer lightly all over the face and very slightly heavier where the sun would hit such as the top of the forehead, nose cheeks and chin, Nars Laguna Bronzer or Rimmel’s Natural Bronzer are both great for this.
Next for eyes:
1. Apply a slightly shimmery cream eye shadow all over the lid and up to the brow bone
2. Contour the crease with a light brown color and a softer blending brush.
3. Apply a black eye-shadow along the lash line with an angled brush and create a small wing at the outer edge, remember to stay close to the lash line you can also use a liquid or gel line as Lauren Conrad has in this picture, however a shadow instead of a liner can look great for everyday.
4. Apply two coats of mascara, my personal favorite is Maybelline The Falsies.
To finish apply a nude lipstick, Loreal Fairest Nude is a lovely color but a tinted lip balm such as Dior Creme De Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm is the ultimate indulgence and adds just a touch of color.
Hope you enjoy re-creating this look, you can swop products for similar ones you own or use the same products but remember the focus is on lightly tanned skin with a healthy flush and softly defined eye x